Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thoughts on 2010 and a layout

Last year, on this day, I was receiving chemo number 5. It was the new chemo, the dreaded Taxotere. It made my fingernails feel like they were slammed into a car door, my body felt like I had been stretched on a rack, my tongue 5 times bigger than normal and I couldn't stand up for more than 10 minutes at a time. What a way to start a year.... it could only get better from that, right?

And it did.

2010 wasn't all that bad, there were some good in it, as there is good in everything, but truth be told, I'm glad it's over.
Pumbaa: It's like my buddy Timon always says: you got to put your behind in your past.

Timon: No, no no. Amateur. Sit down before you hurt yourself. It's "You got to put your past behind you."

Gotta love Pumbaa! And, Disney.

Let's all put our behinds in the past and move forward, 2011, here we come!!

Here are 2 layouts I did for my last week as a Guest Digi Designer on Two Peas in a Bucket. It was great fun, and I loved every single digi kit that I got to work with.

spoiled

This was fun to work on. I put all the different papers in the little dog tag and kind of made a pennant banner. The kit is by Michelle Underwood, called Dog Days.

The next layout came together really quickly. I just used the quote in the kit as my title. This is Emma on the beach at OBX.

bliss

The kit is Cloud 9, by Lauren Reid.

Do you have New Years Eve plans? I pretty much slept thru New Years last year (and a lot of the year!!).

We will probably keep our festivities to a minimum. Em is invited to a party in the neighborhood. Matt, Ethan and I will probably just chill in front of the TV... maybe have a bit of champagne.

Have a great day, and a Happy HEALTHY New Year!!



14 comments:

Linda said...

love the los. Girl, you are so brave, and your attitude rocks. I am praying that 2011 sees the past behind you....yeah, and ya do just gotta love those guys.

Hugs and Prayers for a fabulous amazing New Year.

Tracy said...

Your layouts are awesome. I have never digi scrapped.
I can't wait to put 2010 behind me as well.
Here is to a happy healthy 2011 !!

Becky said...

You have an amazing outlook an here's to an AWESOME 2011! I love that about the new year, a way to start over! We're staying in, just hanging out with kiddos!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great layouts!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee these!!! LOVING the green!!! Happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy said...

super layouts! love the green one especially :) happy new year to you, too!!!!

Marfa said...

so SO so glad that things are so much better now than they were last year! God is good.
I wish I could scrap with you...and hey, can I have that dog bone recipe? I know a dog who might really like them!

Debbie Gaydos said...

The LO's are amazing, but you are one amazing lady. I have hated seeing you go through what you have been through in the past year+, but your attitude and strength have been a continuing inspiration.

Kelli said...

I agree, let's put our behinds in the past! It was a weird year. I hope 2011 is different.

Deanna said...

Happy New Year Chris! Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2011.

Jessie said...

Beautiful LO's and I hope you have a wonderful new year!

Jingle said...

I am so happy that your year got nothing but better! Your layouts are gorgeous!!!

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Love your layouts and the generous white space! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving a comment!

Jan said...

I agree, let's put our behinds in the past! Your attitude and strength in dealing with your cancer was so inspiring to me! I wish you a happy and healthy New Year!
P.S.-I noticed in a previous post, that you said you hate your new hair - I hate mine too! I have to keep reminding myself that at least now I have hair,even though it's come in dark and grey, and has a mind of it's own! Yuk!( and for some reason everyone likes touching it!)