Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally Friday.....

And I can totally relate!

This week I worked a full week, outside of my home, in an office environment... and while I enjoy the design, I hate the part where you are waiting for copy or edits or whatever, because there is nothing to do... and when this happens at home with a project, I can happily do household stuff or run errands.

AND, it's totally eating into my bloggy and scrappy time. Hurrrumpf!

LOL! However, I did get a paycheck, so I might have to go to Mike's or J's or somewhere and get something fun to play with.

I did do a layout last Friday... it was OK, then on Sunday I looked at it and thought that it definitely needed something, so I added the felt embellishments, and there ya go... looked much better.

This is about my youngest getting his first pair of contacts. Now you can see his super long eyelashes! It's always the boys who get the pretty eyelashes... keeps the mascara companies in business I guess.

Photobucket

When he was a baby all people ever commented on were his long eyelashes.

Here's a close up. On the tags I put down a Tim Holtz gear mask and then sprayed with Glimmer Mists. I used a green and a brown... I think the brown was called coffee... being a lover of coffee, I just had to buy that shade of brown! (too bad it didn't smell like coffee, that would be cool... hey Tattered Angels, I have an idea....)

Photobucket 

Well, that's it for today. I'm off to the salt mines. The cool part about today is, I'm leaving at 2 to meet with a client. If she gives me enough work (hi Karen!) then I won't have to dig for salt. hee hee!

Have a great weekend, hope you can get creative!!

P.S. Dear blogger, I hate your limited choice of colors now... blech...

9 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

What a super-fun page! I love the glimmer mist... I'm still afraid of it, lol. Congrats to him on the contacts! Glad that the job is going well!

Jingle said...

Very cute page!

Shelley Haganman said...

Great page. I love the photos!

Kelli said...

I think that's the mist colour I want. I've been waiting for the local store to replenish her stock and I want a brown. Layout looks great!

Luv2talk said...

Great topic for a LO. My son got glasses/contacts at 16 and it was a NIGHTMARE for him in the beginning. (Learning to put them in and take them out.) He's an old pro, now, but I'm thinking that would be a great story to journal. Thanks for the idea:)

Jocelyn said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEE this one....So cute and those pics are perfect!!!

I say you go spend some of that paycheck on scrappy goodies!!! I know I am such an enabler!!!

Thank you for all the love and support you have sent me...it means so much...just keep those prayers coming!!!

Love ya girlie and have a great weekend!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Great layout about your youngest! Have a great weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee the lo!!! AWESOME photos and what a GREAT thing to document! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

BabyBokChoy said...

This is a beautiful page, love your design! and the misting on your tags :)