Wednesday, January 5, 2011

In With the New

A new layout, that is.

A clean scrap room is very inspiring. AND, I even cleaned up after I was done. Usually I'm too tired (or maybe too lazy!) to clean up. My old routine was to clean up before I scrapped, because I had left a mess from the previous project. Bad habit. Now I'm going to try to put stuff away after I'm done with a project.

So far so good! ;)

Here's what I did. I used Coredinations embossed cardstock, with circles on it. I sanded off the circles above the title, to make it look like bubbles... kinda sorta...

CH_fun in the sun 1

The other paper is all Bella Boulevard that I won from Two Peas in a Bucket last spring... finally getting around to using it.

Couple of close ups:
CH_fun in the sun 2

The Creative Charms velvet flower in the most yummy color of brown, it's so pretty it deserves to be called something other than brown, maybe mushroom or gravy! LOL! Everything is better with gravy.

CH_fun in the sun 3

Hard to tell in this shot, but I used blue glimmer mist on the word paper. I also painted. This little layout had a lot of little techniques.

My goal is to try to do 2 layouts per week, so I can have 200 by the end of the year. 200 sounds like a lot, but 2 a week sounds doable, don't ya think?

Happy creating!!!!

14 comments:

Marlene said...

Your layout is super cute!!! I haven't scrapped a layout in a YEAR now. Pathetic, isn't it? I really should try to get back into doing it before I totally forget how!

Oh - you really don't want to see my working space right now. You'd probably have a coronary. I have to step OVER stuff!!! It's awful!! I hate disorganization!!! So why am I sitting here blathering on about it instead of cleaning?!! Oh I know - procrastination!!! Is this comment long enough for you? *sigh* I'm hungry.

Jocelyn said...

Oh I adore this one...the sanding does look like bubbles!!! I can see the misting!!!

How cute!!!!

Oh to have a clean room..but going through these treatments are kicking my tail....so the mess will just have to sit!!!

Love your goal....that would be Fabulous to complete 200 LO's!!!

Have a great one!!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Soooo stinkin cute!! Good luck with your goal. I need to get back to scrapping, I've taken off on a bit of a stamping/cardmaking tangent, lol! ;)

Jingle said...

I love this page!!! It is gorgeous!

robindefender said...

What a cute layout! I love the way your sanding in just the one spot looks like bubbles coming up from the tub, super adorable!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your lo is super cute! i love it!

Becky said...

I'm totally getting the bubbles! Awesome layout!

Shelley Haganman said...

What a fun layout! I love the little swatches of paint!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love love love love the bit of paint and those FUN photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ellen s. said...

i think that is a great goal! and i love love that layout! esp the core.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Amy said...

Love your goal! I want to scrap a bunch this year as well!! Your layout is really fun! Love the textured cardstock!

Cindy Gay said...

Neat job on the sanding. And what great pictures from the 1990s!

Jan said...

Love this layout! I cleaned my room too, and it is inspiring! I have a new desk, so I'm really trying to clean up after each project. We'll see how long that lasts!
I like your goal, I think I might try it too.

Gabi said...

Definitely a doable goal!!! Great pages!!

-Gabi from Savannah, TX