Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh Where, Oh Where Have I Been???

At work!

I had an assignment to work on site. I prefer working out of my house, in the comfort of my pajama's... but this was too good to pass up. It was for a big supermarket chain in Pittsburgh and I was helping out with some projects. The one artist is having some health issues, so while he was out, I came in and worked.

It was kinda fun. I did a double page spread ad for Table magazine, edits on some menu boards and a fish sale campaign.

I got to dress up, and wear high heels.

On the third day, my knees were killing me!

I switched to flats after that! Hadn't been in heels (aside from meetings, weddings and church) for a while, and definitely not for 8+ hours a day!!

Here's a layout I'd like to share. I did this last Friday. (so much for my 2 layouts a week, but I am doing one a week!)

This was for a class challenge on Two Peas in a Bucket, you were to use up those sticker borders. I cut them up and stuck them down, then I added some tape. I had some cool pink tape from Joscie, and I also used some cute American Girl tape. The paper is My Minds Eye, called telephone, I believe.

CH_laugh

Couple of close ups:

laugh cu 1



laugh cu 2 

laugh cu 3 

This is my new favorite layout. Maybe because it is so colorful, maybe it's the memory of the day, or maybe cause it was so fun to make!

All my work is done... time to get my scrap on!

Go on, close this window... go, get your paper & get your scrap on, too!! ;P

20 comments:

Christie said...

Great layout! The pics look like they could be from an ad for the store.

Erica Hettwer said...

It's so bright and colorful, Chris! I love it!

Kim Watson said...

This is such a fun bright page Chris...I love that KI title! I know what you mean about PJ & flats as opposed to 'work' clothes & heels. No comparison :o)

Jamie Lane said...

Such a fun layout! Love the details!

GLOANN said...

Now isn't Telephone an odd name for that paper? LOL Love your LO. You're just so creative.

Kelli said...

Love it! So cheery!

Marfa said...

Fun...wearing heels! And then glad to have flats, I bet.

Your daughter is so pretty. I love that layout...the colors and polka dots.

Marlene said...

Very fun layout! Love it....and of course I immediately noticed the baker's twine. ;)

I don't know how I'd do in heels for eight hours....it's been ages since I've worn them for more than a couple of hours!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Girl, I sit on my bootie for 8 hours a day and still won't do heels! LOL! I loveeeeeeeeeee the lo... loving that banner and those photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

You make me giggle...I can imagine how the legs were feeling in 8 hours of heels!!!!

I adore this LO...I agree so filled with the most wonderful happy colors and those pics are perfect!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!!!

Tracy said...

I too love your page. It is so fun.

I work from my home and like to wear lounge pants. But like superman, I can change to my public wear in no time flat. teehee. My daughters bought me lower heeled boots for Christmas, and I love them.

Whippet said...

Very cute layout. Love the colors and great use of the border stickers. High heels are overrated, LOL

Shell said...

oh tell me about the heels!! to think I used to live in them.. now they kill me LOL

Meredith said...

LOOOVE this layout. So cute.
I'm a follower now. Would love for you to follow me too!
www.memoriesbymeredith.blogspot.com

Cindy Gay said...

Really like the clouds and the clasp fastener. Looks like a fun day.

Staci said...

Awesome! So colorful and fun! TFS. :-)

Debbie Gaydos said...

Loooooove it!! So bright and fun, and the photos are AWESOME! Glad the job is going well (other than the heels, lol).

Jingle said...

Super cute layout! I think I cut down my border stickers WAY more often than using them whole! LOL! They look so cute that way!

LollyChops said...

I adore this LO and the heels thing had me laughing. I don't even own any any more... hehehe!

Casey Wright said...

Wow! This is beautiful - I'm loving all of the beautiful colors too! Probably one of my faves of yours too :)