Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Out with the Old

I decided to be ruthless in my scrap room. There was just too much stuff. Overwhelmingly so. I think it inhibited my creativity. Plus the guilt of using new stuff when I had old stuff... if you are a scrapper, you know what I'm talking about.

So, out with the old stuff!

BEST THING EVER!

As I was sorting thru my scrappy supplies, if I didn't love it, it went. I would look at things and think, well, so and so gave this to me... but it's not my style... you know, you've had those moments, your great aunt gave you that ugly candy dish, and you hate it but can't bear to give it away... you know what I said to myself?

I am not obligated to keep anything.

And so it went into the trash or this box:
box o junk

I am going to take all of this and donate it to the middle school where they have a scrapbook club. At least it will get used.

Here is the before picture of my scrap room... pretty bad. I think I had everything out! eek!
scraproom before

This was part way thru the cleaning process.

And, a few hours later... ahhhhhh....
scraproom after

My desk was so clean, it just begged to be used. I made a paper layout last night. I'll share that later, once I take a picture of it.

How's your New Year going so far? Out with the old???

20 comments:

Casey Wright said...

What a cool idea of donating old supplies! I'm training to be a teacher in second grade, so I figure someday, I can use my old stuff in my future classroom for art or something :). Your room looks great and I can't wait to see the layout!

Kelli said...

I'm in the process of cleaning up. I have also done a good job of getting rid of stuff I don't use.

Erica Hettwer said...

A good purge of scrappy stuff is on my list! Yesterday, I organized/purged the kid's craft stuff in my scrap room and today might be a purge day. We'll see how the kids are. Hee!

hilde janbroers said...

wow, you did some good cleaning!

Marlene said...

Dear Chris:
Please come organize my very messy work area.

Sincerely,
Marlooney

P.S. I'll even give you some of my best chocolate! What? No?!!

Jamie Lane said...

Love your space and that dress form!! Super cute.

Jingle said...

I am thinking I might have to do a major purge. Less supplies and more 'big stuff' that is just taking up TOO MUCH SPACE! Not sure what I am going to do yet, but I need a plan and I need one soon. Your space looks AWESOME!

Becky said...

Your room looks amazing! I love your lighting!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wow!!! your room is amazing! great job!
boy the scrapbook club will love all your stuff. i dontate mine all the time to our scrapbook club. i always am glad when young kids can get into the hobby!

thanks so much for stopping by my blog siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com this week and writing such a kind comment! I would be honored if you stopped by again or signed up to follow me! thanks again
mary pat

Tabitha said...

great job... and wonderful to donate to the school

ScrappnBee said...

I am impressed! I have such a hard time with the purging! Room looks FABULOUS! Thanks for giving us a peek!

Cindy Gay said...

Like your light in the room! Neat that the middle school has a scrapbook club! Good job!

cassie d'ambrosio said...

Your rooms looks great!

Amy said...

i'm feeling the need to do this. i have paper that just keeps getting moved from one place to another and i know i'll never use it. i need to just let go! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks GREAT!! I started to clean my room this past Friday...and will work on it again this weekend!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tracy said...

Love your room, its so roomy and bright.
Oh ya and neat and organized :)

Debbie Gaydos said...

AWESOME job!! I need to do some of the same. Your space looks AMAZING!

Jocelyn said...

Love you room!!!!! Oh...I so wish I could get in this mess of a room that I have and purge!!!!

Wishing you a great one!!! :-)

ellen s. said...

oh gosh i need to do this!!!!!!!!!

i bet you feel amazing!

LollyChops said...

I purged last weekend and it felt amazing! I still have another 4 hours or so left of purging to go! I can hardly wait!

You have a beautiful scrap room!