Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Friday!

Hey, it's Friday, and one more week closer to spring.

I've had just about enough of this gray, white, black looking weather. Although yesterday we did see some blue sky, but it was only a balmy 20°.... brrrrr.

I hear we're going to have a warm up, I hope. I'm seriously considering moving to a warmer climate.

Well, on the scrappy front, all I have to share is this little birthday card that I made for my mother in law. It's pretty simple for the most part. I used my slice to make the shape, and my punch to edge the envelope, which she just gushed about!

babs card

Speaking of cards, yesterday I bought a card... yes, you read that correctly, I bought a card. I just didn't have time to make a Valentine's card for my inlaws so I thought I'd buy one. And OMG, I picked up a pretty card with a ribbon and it was $6... S-I-X bucks!! Do you know how much scrappy paper and ribbon you can get for $6?? So, next time someone thinks our hobby is expensive, point out that buying a premade card costs a heck of a lot more. (unless of course, you get the cheapo ones)

Well, I'm off to work in the salt mines! Have a great day, and I hope we can all get creative and scrappy this weekend!!

9 comments:

Whippet said...

Beautiful card. No time for valentines here this year...luckily I had some Current cards stashed, LOL. Hope your weather warms up soon...or at least quits snowing!

Jocelyn said...

Love that card!!!!!! Can you believe how expensive store bought cards are!!!

Hope you get some time to create this weekend!!! Have a great one sweet friend!!

Jamie Lane said...

Love the colors!

Marlene said...

Gorgeous card!

Don't feel too badly...I had to buy a sympathy card the other day. (I really don't like making sympathy cards...they're not my forte). I felt like card makers everywhere were ready to throw their paper trimmers at my head!

Kelli said...

LOL My mother-in-law visited the Hallmark factory and they justified the card costs. So now she says she knows exactly what went into the $6 card she bought us for Christmas and it's worth every penny. What? She talked about how they have writers, and how a machine ties bows and how much ribbon it takes to tie a bow. Crazy!

Casey Wright said...

What a beautiful card - just lovely!

Marfa said...

I can't believe you...so artistic and creative...couldn't come up with a cute valentines day card! $6 is a lot...yeah, I rarely buy cards...homemade is just so much fun. That lemon cake was good. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That card is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeee it!! And promise me (well...not that i wouldn't LOVE to meet you...lol!) ... but PROMISE me you will never move to AZ... it is TORTURE here in the summer, yeah the winters are great... but the summers are absolutely torture... 110 degrees and HIGHER from May till NOVEMBER!! UGH... I ask myself everyday why I live here... lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Luv2talk said...

I love the bordered edge on the envelope. It's amazing how a simple thing can really jazz it up. Way to ROCK it!