Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

I finally got to get scrappy this weekend, on Sunday. I tried to get scrappy on Saturday, but I just sat there staring at my paper. Sunday I decided to just do it, stop over analyzing and just glue some photos on some cardstock, slap a couple of embellies on it and call it a day!

My warm up act was this Valentine's Day card I made for my hubby. I've been wanting to use this Dear Lizzy rosette ribbon forever... love it!!

Photobucket 

It's pretty simple really... here's a close up:

Photobucket

Here you can see (sort of) the layering of the scalloped edge corrugated paper with the foam heart. I used pop dots to pop it off of the page.

This is what I'm most proud of though, it's the inside. Hardly anyone shows you the insides of their cards... if you're a card maker, please share the insides with us!!

Photobucket 
Isn't it cool???? I wanted to write a little message, but with that puffy ribbon it was too lumpy, so I just attached this little envelope to pop in my letter!! I think it's just adorable... if I do say so myself!! hee hee

I've realized that I haven't shared anything personal lately, so I thought I'd update you. I'm working out of the house 3 days a week. It's OK. I like what I do, I just don't like driving there to do it. I much prefer my normal commute of walking down my steps in my PJs to my office right off of my kitchen... but, it's kind of cool to dress up and get out of the house.

Now, if you follow my blog, you'll remember that I was blaming wearing high heels on my knees hurting... nope, wasn't the heels... it was a pair of suede boots that I bought at Target, the heel is rather heavy and clunky and it must make my knees work extra hard, those suckers are the culprit! I noticed it after I wore them for a few hours and grocery shopped in them. Not good for grocery shopping. They look cool tho!

Then, I have this terribly itchy rash on my legs. It drives me crazy. I've been putting tons of creams of all different kinds on it, but it won't go away. Finally I decided it was time to look on the internet... I try not to do that because all kinds of scary (and gross) stuff can come up when you type in "rash".... but, it was actually helpful. I came to find I have something called runners rash. Apparently when you have been sedentary for a long period of time, as I was last year during my treatments and surgery, and you start to run again, your veins, the very teeny tiny ones can't handle all the blood rushing through them that fast, so they burst just beneath the surface of the skin causing this rash. Now, top the sedentary year I had with the vein shrinking effects of chemo and you get the rash probably worse than the "normal" sedentary person (if there is such a thing).

The only way to get rid of it is through time, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Hope that's not TMI... I found it to be an interesting fact, and one that I think more oncologists might just want to tell their patients to expect after 8 rounds of draino (aka chemo). Tiny dried up veins do not play well with running.

{{sigh}}

Never a dull moment, try to get healthy, and it makes me itch... you could say I'm (literally) allergic to exercise!! bawhahahahahaha

Have a great day!! Stop back, I have layouts to share later on!!

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm glad you figured out your rash and hope it goes away soon! I loveeeeeeee the card! Loving that trim! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Super cute card!

Shell said...

the card is adorable - would make a super idea to pop a gift card into the little envelope too!

Becky said...

Great card!!! Loved seeing the inside :)

Liz Michaud said...

Love your card... and your are right about no one sharing the insides! lol.

my4blessings said...

Absolutely darling card! I am going to remember what you said about the insides.

Marlene said...

Fabby card! Love that red with the pink! YUM!

Hope those legs stop giving you trouble! Who knew? Learn something new every day.

Tracy said...

Don't you hate when a real cute pair of boots or shoes ends up hurting.
Love your card. The little envelope is adorable.
Hope your rash gets better soon.

Erica Hettwer said...

Love your card! (Especially the ribbon! LOL!) The inside is awesome and I'm so glad you figured out what was wrong with your rash. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Jocelyn said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE the card...It turned out just PERFECT!!!

So glad you figured out the culprit of the sore knees and the rash!!! Wonderful things that that chemo does!!!

So glad things are going well for you!!!! Hope we can chat soon!!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

I think the simple, elegant cards are the best, just like yours! Really enjoying your blog, so I just became a follower! Hope you adjust to your new work schedule, it just takes time.

Michelle said...

okay, that envelope inside is the most awesome idea EVER!!!! You must submit that to a magazine as an idea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!