Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Friday....again... & CHA Highlights

A whole darn week has flown by and I didn't do anything crafty... ok, I did one thing, it was a birthday card for my mother-in-law. I'll show you that later, because it's still on my camera. 

As you know, if you're a crafter/scrapbooker, CHA was this past week... and {sigh} my trip to Cali was canceled. (sniff, sniff) But, I still enjoy looking at all the lovely goodies and videos.

What I wanted to highlight was some stuff that I found to be unique this time around. We all know that all the companies come out with new lines of paper, stamps and such... but I found some pretty unique stuff.

The first thing I want to mention is the wood products... this one is from Studio Calico, but I've seen a few other scrappy companies come out with real wood embellies... (these are Studio Calico's)

Next up, I'm really diggin' the fabric stuff that is coming out, like these fabstrips from Studio Calico
 

and these cool canvas tags by Maya Road... you could make some cool banners.

Prima came out with some ribbon with bling factor:


Also by Prima, these really ornate butterflies:

And last, this is by Cosmo Cricket, it's called Fashion Crafting... cool zipper flowers:

Which you could always use on an album or scrapbook page.
That's it for today. I sure hope to get some scrappy time this weekend...  of course it's the Superbowl, and I only have one thing to say about that....

Go Steelers!

7 comments:

Whippet said...

I agree...Go Steelers! Love that Prima stuff you found. That ribbon is so pretty and so are the butterflies and the flowers - it's fun to see new stuff:-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

And I was there for a week...and never got to see these (well except for the Maya banners! lol!)... I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those flowers from Cosmo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marfa said...

Love all those goodies...especially the zipper flowers on that pretty purse...and the Prima bling ribbon. Were you REALLY going to go to CHA? Too much snow at the airport? I'm with you...GO STEELERS...because I admire Troy Polamalu's open spirituality!

joscelyne cutchens said...

I watched a video on cosmo cricket and those zipper flowers are made with their new product glubers (glue bers) a round double sided adhesive to make the flowers. I'm wondering how much they'll cost for an extra large glue dot.
I love studio calico stuff and the maya road chipboards and canvas stuff never disappoints.
I'm sad we didn't get to meet up for CHA, maybe next one, huh? at least you know you were not alone in your misery. xox

Marlene said...

Oh my gosh - those butterflies are gorgeous!

Kelli said...

Those zipper flowers are so cute!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Cool products Ellen! Love those butterflies. WOW!