Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day 2011

Top o' the evening to you!

Where has this glorious day gone? It’s a sunny 61° here... I love it! Ahhh, spring. My tulips are starting to pop up. I see buds on my weeping cherry tree.

I scrapped a lot this past weekend, but here is one that I did for a challenge on Two Peas in a Bucket... funny thing is, I did it, then forgot to post it in the challenge. Oh well.

The challenge was to use a quote in your layout. The quote I used came from my daughter, Emma. She was wise at the ripe age of 4, saying such things as (when overhearing us grown-ups talking about drunk driving) "You shouldn't drink and drive, you might spill your juice."

That was a good one, but the one I used on the layout ranks right up there... once, when she tooted while we were in the car, we looked back at her and asked her if she tooted. She matter-of-factly, "No, there's a dinosaur in my bum."

I think Matt might have driven off the road, just a little bit, we were laughing so hard!

Here's the layout, it's not technically that great or anything, but I'm trying to get memories down on paper, and not stress about what embellishments I'm using.

Photobucket

I used one of my Slice design cards to cut out this 4" dinosaur, then I decorated it up with these felt paisley things and some Creative Charm gradient gems...

Photobucket

Some more of the felt
Photobucket

I finished off the package... it kind of felt good. (now I can get new stuff!) Actually, I haven't bought any new paper since November... can you believe it?? I have a lot.

I do buy embellishments, tho. And, my newest craze is Shimmer Spritz in glitter. Oh my, I've been spraying it on EVERYTHING!

Here is a card I did using ugly paper. On a scrapbook board I frequent, we had an ugly paper swap. I spritzed the card with the mist, it's so sparkly. It's hard to tell from the photos:
Photobucket

See the shimmer:
Photobucket

I made these "flowers" with the ugly paper, I just punched some circles, then folded the paper and alternated the 2 patterns:


Photobucket

There you go, 2 projects. I wanted to spread them out and post a few times this week, but I was busy. Gotta work, so I can buy scraps! ;)

Hope you have a crafty day!

13 comments:

Marlene said...

Your projects ROCK. Love the layout and the card is adorable!

Cindy Gay said...

Great quote and your page is technically great!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeeeeee photo and loveeeeeeeee the little dinosaur!! And loving the card!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

Super cute layout and great card!

Steph said...

What a cute story! The layout is adorable. Love the use of "ugly" paper. I will have to try that.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I use paper from Walmart for my images. It works great and is cheap $5 for a pack of 25.

Teka Cochonneau said...

LOL. Love that quote. Fantastic!

Mary Hamer said...

Lol! Adorable! She will love this when she is older! Love your card too! Awesome texture!
xoxo
mary

Margie H said...

Love the quote - LOL!! Great layout for it...kind of a hard subject to capture.

I have a few ugly papers! LOL! Great description and ideas on how to use them - thanks :)

TFS!

Tammy said...

I love that quote! The crazy things kids say. I love the embellishments on the card too - great way to use up ugly scraps. I love this idea! :)

Becky said...

That quote is so funny! Loved that you used a quote from your daughter! Great card, those balloons are super cute!

Sharla said...

Cute layout and card! Love the quote from your daughter, too funny, gotta love what kids say!

Elisa K said...

Love your layout and the photos are perfect... Your card is way cute...

Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

I think your layout is great.
I laughed when I read what your daughter said. I love the things that come out of their mouths, lol.
How fun is your card. That paper isn't ugly anymore.