Monday, March 21, 2011

Last Week Recap

I had a super busy week last week. I did my normal design work, plus I had 2 photoshoots. It was fun. My shoot on Wednesday was super long, and far away. Half way through Ethan's school nurse called, he was running a high fever. I told her I was an hour and a half away and by the time I got there his bus would be there... so I called my brother and luckily he wasn't doing anything so he was able to pick him up.

I don't talk about my brother much. You probably didn't even know I had one. Yep, he's my "little" brother, but he's bigger than me. He's an artist, too, but he's a tattoo artist. He's actually very good. He's always offering to give me free tats, but I always say no. There isn't any picture that I love that much to permanently put on my body. I mean, what if I get sick of it? I can't wash it off. (I can't even decide what quote I want to put on my scrap room wall!) He, on the other had, probably has 100. He is his own canvas...and a walking advertisement, too. If anyone asks him who did his tat, he can say "I did".

Here's a layout I did for a challenge.

Photobucket

It has some sewing and some mists, and this new mist that I totally love and used half a bottle of already! It's Tsukineko Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle.  It sprays out so well, no splats. And when it dries, it leaves the perfect sheen. I also have Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl, and it looks very similar, but doesn't spray as well. The only downside to the Tsukineko is the bottle is very tiny.

Photobucket

The sparkle mist is on here, but it doesn't photograph well, but trust me, it's awesome!

I sprayed it on the tag, too:

Photobucket 

You can kind of see it there.

I just have to share the baby picture that I took. I did that shoot for the hospital, it's for the maternity department, when Karen sprung it on me that I was taking shots of babies.  I was totally unprepared, but the photos came out pretty good.

Here's a favorite. She's so A-dorable!

sadie 1 

Seriously, what a doll!

So, tell me, do you have a tattoo???

21 comments:

Jingle said...

Your baby shots came out great! (I saw the others on FB!) I hope your son is feeling better! Your page is fantastic! And...I could use your brother's services, actually...LOL!

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

Love the layout and that baby shot is AMAZING...what a beauty!

No tattoos here :)

Christie said...

Love your layout. I haven't scrapped in so long. It has been a year. That baby is so cute. Great pic! And no, I don't have any tattoos. For the same reason you don't. And I have a younger brother too, but he is not into tattoos. At least not that I know of! lol!

Midori said...

So glad you love your new mist. I know you were hesitant on buying it. Glad you did. Still haven't used mine.

Baby photo is adorable

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I have 4! :) My son's name, an albino gecko, an angel for a baby that passed away, and a theater mask for a child that is lost.. I still need to get one to represent Brookie... maybe if I am in your neck of the woods someday, I will have your brother do it :) I loveeeeeeeeeeee the lo! LOVING the photos and the misting and that camera is COOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy Gay said...

Great baby photo. The layout of you and Ethan is great.

Stacy said...

I always want to get back to scrapping after I look at your layouts. I've been on a long break and need to dig back in.

I do have tats. I have each of my kid's names on the inside of my wrists. And yes it hurt really bad and it's just cursive writing; couldn't imagine having something more detailed there. And I have a rose on my ankle. I want to do something in honor of my Mom but not sure where and what I would do. I told Brent that even that we have been together 20 years, married almost 19, that I would never ever get one with his name. I think I hurt his feelings so I told him I would put his name on my butt, LOL!

Valerie said...

What a great page - love all your little details, particularly how you stapled up the tag ribbons :)
No tatoos for me - mainly because I hate needles, and my second reason is the same as yours.
That baby is adorable!

Shelley Haganman said...

Great layout Chris! The baby is so adorable! I have no tattoos either. Just not me I guess.

joscelyne cutchens said...

Hey Chris! I didn't know you had a little brother. I have 1 younger brother, 2 younger step brothers.
I can totally relate, I don't have any tattoos... I can't make a lifetime commitment to body art. and I don't like needles. and it's just not my thing.

Tracy said...

Your layout is lovely. I think you really love that sparkle :)
That baby is adorable, a picture the parents will treasure.

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHH I just love this LO!!!!! Love the sparkle!!!! Stitching is just wonderful!!!

That pic is PERFECT!!! What a doll baby!!!!

I have no tat's!!!! I have always thought I might like one...but I am with you...what if I don't like it after awhile and then what would I do.....Plus all the pain that I hear comes with getting a tat...no I will pass thank you!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day and thanks for loving me!!!!

Erica Hettwer said...

No tats, but if I did get one I'd get a small, stylized pineapple on my foot near or on a toe. :)

Tammy said...

No, no tats for me. I HATE needles and cannot imagine putting myself through the process of getting one. I don't mind them on other people but I'm pretty sure I never need one on myself. Love your layout and the misting! :)

Casey Wright said...

What an adorable layout! I love that little camera embellie. And the picture of the little on is super sweet - her eyes are soooo pretty! TFS!

(and no I don't have a tattoo....yet) :)

ThemeWeaver said...

Great job on the Pages. Love the camera it's so cute!
Janet Cooney
sewwhat421@aol.com

pepper spray said...

The baby is really very cute...Your page is fantastic!!!

Spy pen camera said...

I like this camera so much!Really i am impressed from this post,The baby is so adorable interesting blog so i think so its very useful ....Thanks

WFG Women said...

Nice blog you explained the topic very well. The contents has provided meaningful information thanks for sharing info!

Toronto luxury homes said...

Fantastic information,This is the first time i heard about this. keep it up this good works.

focaccia bread said...

The actual live looking at was every bit as interesting, because the throw was actually excellent.