Thursday, March 31, 2011

Up

I love getting out these baby pictures and scrapbooking them. I wasn't a scrapbooker when my kids were little, so every so often I get the urge to scrap older pictures. Sometimes it's hard, they're not perfect, but that's all we have. Luckily, I did have an SLR before they were born. It was a Minolta.

Wanna know a secret? I have about 10 rolls of undeveloped film sitting on top of my shelf. I wonder what's on them? I should probably get them developed. I might be pleasantly surprised.

Here's the layout I did with some baby photos of Ethan. I seem to be doing a ton of boy layouts lately.

Photobucket

I'm using older paper, trying to use it up. This is Making Memories. I also have a strip of Crate Paper. The cardstock is Bazzill bling.

A close up:
Photobucket

I cut the shape out for my title using my Silhouette.

Photobucket

Flowers on a boy page? Sure why not! These are Creative Charms sequined flowers in green. Notice the little polka dotted orange star? That's a Halloween embellie! Works here, tho. I love when I can use theme stuff for a different purpose.

The close up photos are more accurate in color, the top one is blown out a bit.

I've been super busy, and haven't even checked my blog all week. I'm busy working on a smash book... not the official smash book, but I made my own! Probably saved $15-20. I even attached a pen to mine! Granted, it's not as cool as a pen and a glue stick, but hey, it was free! Can't wait to share. I even have a video tutorial. And I must say, I have a great appreciation for those girls who do video tutorials, they're hard! Especially the editing!

Back to the star embellishment, have you ever used Halloween or Christmas or other specific themed embellishment for something else? I love doing that, you can only do so many Valentine's layouts!

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee this! i love love love those photos, the colors and loving that design! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Love this one.....The photos are adorable and the colors are awesome...Heck yeah...flowers on a Boy Page!!! I would have it no other way!!!

Can't wait for the book and tutorial!!!

Have a great day sweet friend!!! We need to call and catch up!!!

sssalad said...

I always love reading your blog! I also love that you are showing LO's where you used older paper. I have SO much that I should use up, this just might inspire me! Have a great day!

Jingle said...

SUPER cute layout!!!

Marlene said...

Your layout is fabby. Finding undeveloped rolls of film is like Christmas all over again! :)

Sarah Rice said...

so completely adorable! the baby and the layout

Pam said...

I love the layout. And the pics of your baby boy makes me melt. How sweet! :-)

Cindy Gay said...

You might not have been a scrapbooker then, but you've always been a great photographer!

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Adorable photos and a great page design. Yes, get that film developed ASAP, there might be hidden treasures!

Casey Wright said...

How exciting to have that many rolls of undeveloped film! You HAVE to get it developed and share!

Love this cute layout :)

post bankruptcy filing said...

I just love this all the pictures are very cute.And the idea is also great....I will definately try it out for my kids too.Thanks for sharing.