Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weekend Gamer

Do you have one of these guys in your house?

Photobucket

This is my 12 year old playing a video game on Xbox live.

In my journaling I wrote about how when I was his age, or a bit younger, what we looked forward to were Saturday morning cartoons. Now there are entire channels dedicated only to cartoons. The kids don't have to wait until Saturday.

At our house, during the school week, he doesn't get a chance to play many video games, so it's his weekend thing.

Here's a close-up:
Photobucket

I used Cosmo Cricket paper on this. The swirly thing under the title is a piece that I cut from the KI Memories scribbles word. I just wanted to use the tail part.

Did I mention that I haven't bought any new paper since November? Not one new paper line. I really have a ton of paper, and even with all these layouts that I've been cranking out... I haven't even put a dent in my stash! I wonder how long I could go without buying any patterned paper? One, two, three years? Three might be a stretch, but one for sure!

How about you? How long could you scrap if you didn't buy new paper?

15 comments:

Whippet said...

Cute layout; love all the dimension. I still look forward to Saturday cartoons on Nick - it's all Spongebob. I could scrap for years, I think!:-)

Kelli said...

I have 2 gamers. One's a weekday gamer, the other a weekend, they have to take turns.
I bought some paper last weekend, I didn't need it, but it was on sale.
I just organized my stash yesterday. I could probably go all year without buying a thing.

Casey Wright said...

What a fun layout! I love these colors with the Kraft paper - super cute!

Erica Hettwer said...

Hee! Sometimes I feel like I could scrap for at least 10 years with my current stash of patterned paper. Heck, I could probably go a full year on just my scrap drawer! ;)

Marlene said...

Great layout! Pretty much sums it up, huh? Gosh, I remember my childhood...same as you, I couldn't wait for Saturday morning cartoons. :)

I have so much stuff, I've actually stopped buying a lot (except the essentials of course, like adhesive and cardstock).

Jingle said...

Great layout! Perfect papers and embellishments!

joscelyne cutchens said...

I love it Chris! ps. i just bought some new paper BUT... on my current stash (If I went back to paper only) I could probably scrap for 3 years atleast.

Tracy said...

What a fun layout. Yes this is my whole family, hubby and 3 daughters. I am a game watcher. Now that the controlers have to many buttons, lol. Love your atari controller.
I could probably scrap for well over 3 years with the paper in my stash, but i keep buying. Now if they would just stop making pretty paper's I would be fine :)

Kathy said...

Great layout! Really captures what your son does and give is a happy feeling with the swirled line under the title.

Kathy said...

Oh and to answer your question- I could probably scrap for entire year! Maybe longer!! 'blush'

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I always tell hubby that I could live to be 500 years old and STILL never make it through everything I have! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that LO!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the block design and all the cute gaming things! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy Gay said...

I love the lo, the journaling strip and the vertical arrangement of the title alphas. Our oldest son's the gamer but that led him into his computer science career. Work that's way above his Mom's level. . . are you getting drenched there in Pa? We sure did here in Morgantown.

Jocelyn said...

Love this one Chris....we have two of these in the family!!!! Drives Danielle and I crazy...they fight over the game systems all of the time!!!

I am so proud of you using older papers....I have enough to cover this entire house in pp!!!! I wish that I could resist and use what I have!!!

Wishing you a great one sweet friend!!! :-)

Leslie Miller said...

Great page! And, you know, one of these days his kids will look at this Saturday morning activity and think how primitive it seems. Scrapbooking is such a wonderful way to preserve the times and memories!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Fabulous layout Chris! Hmmm...the answer to your question depends on my actual stash or my adoration for new paper. LOL Have way than more than I need but not nearly the restraint that you do. :)