Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Two"gether

It's tax season, so I've been busy gathering receipts, 1099s and other miscellaneous documents that you need to file your taxes with.  When you own your own business, taxes take a bit longer than when you're just filing a simple 1040, and you never get money back. You usually owe. Fun times! It's not too bad since we've been paying in all year, so it will go quickly. I should totally scrap this, all the big piles of receipts, the Turbo Tax box & 1099s! Really, it's a part of life, so maybe I will.

I figured I'd take a break and update my blog real quick. I think this layout is one of my favorites to date. I didn't use any patterned paper, which is pretty unusual for me, because I love patterned paper.

I used my Silhouette for the title and the leaves. For the background, I used the actual brochure that was at the conservatory. My husband and I took a day off, and went on a date to Phipps Conservatory in Shadyside. I got some awesome shots of plants.

Here's the layout:

twogether 1

I got the leaf image from Keri Bradford's blog. She has some nice designs for die cut machines.

Here are a couple of close ups:
twogether 2

twogether 3

I guess I need to get back to the taxes. I only have a few more things to print out, then we can get to it.

So tell me, are you the type of person who does their taxes right away, or do you wait until the last minute? I think if I was getting money instead of paying, I'd do it a lot sooner. ;)

14 comments:

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHH Chris....this is so pretty!!! I love how you made the title and the pic is PRICELESS!!!!

I know what you mean about the taxes...I hate doing the taxes for the business...Makes for lots of stress!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!! We need to catch up!!!

Steph said...

Great layout. I like how you used the pamphlet in the layout.

Jingle said...

This is such a cute page!!!

Becky said...

I love your title! Super cool!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Love this page Chris! You are such a whiz with your Silhouette. Reminds me that I should use my Pazzles once in a while! Using the pamphlet from Phipps was brilliant, it makes a great "patterned paper" background!

We did our taxes a few weeks ago. Good luck with yours! We owed too... $4. How's THAT for good estimating?? LOL!

Kelli said...

I started my taxes in January. I was so impressed with myself. Then I didn't touch them again until last week. Somewhere in between I had a melt down because hubby said he didn't know or remember what he needed to get together for taxes. I hate them. But I got them turned in to our tax lady last week and haven't looked back. She hasn't called to say she needed anything else, so that means one of two things, she hasn't gotten to them or I did good.

Tracy said...

Your layout is lovely. I like the layering and that you added memorbilia to the layout.
I usually do our taxes right away. We too own our own business so we take them to the accountant...but I still have to round everything up and I like to totally everything before hand.

sutty said...

Beautiful page, love the colours - great use of the plan and the title is gorgeous :)

Marlene said...

I love your layout - it's beautiful!

Our taxes were completed a couple of months ago....I don't envy you. :(

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Love your title work and the way you incorporated the map on your page! My husband and I are both self-employed, so tax time is no fun at all!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeee that map background and that photo!!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Andrea Amu said...

That page is insanely cute! I love that you used the brochure for the background sans the patterned paper.

And I hear ya bout' the taxes. I just mailed ours off today!

Sharla said...

Great layout! I love everything about it, the colors, the title and the great use of the brochure, very nice!

Lil-Rosi said...

Really a great layout! Love how you incorporated the brochure! Beautifully done!