Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog Hop Winner!

Drum roll please......

winner

Congrats Kelly!

I wanted to also say THANKS to all of you that followed me! I'm greatly appreciative to have gained some new friends.

skunky line2

Have you seen the latest on artist journals from Fancy Pants and EK Success? They're both very cool, but also very pricey. The EK Success one even has a cool pen attached. It's a pen and a glue stick... very clever.

However, like I said, it's very pricy. I really can't see plopping down 20 bucks for basically a blank journal with a pen, no matter how cool.

Soooo, I decided to make my very own smash book. It was pretty easy, and I didn't need to buy a thing. I used all materials that I had on hand. I even sewed a ribbon to the back page to hold a pen. I did purchase some 8 1/2 x 11 craft paper, but I can use that for cards and layouts.

Here's a tutorial video, 1 of 2, that I made on how I put together my smash book.



In the video there is a link to download some pages that I created for use in my smash book. You are more than welcome to use any or all of the pages. It's a pdf and you can simply print them out on your printer. The size is 8 1/2 by 11.

The finished size of my smash book is 6x9,  and the inside pages are 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I borrowed a friends Cinch to bind it. If you don't have access to a Cinch or Bind-It-All, you can either use rings or go to a local print shop and see if they can bind it together for you.

I'm editing part 2. The problem with editing is, I can't do it on my computer, so I need to use my husbands... it's hard to get on his because he's always using it for work!

I hope to have part 2 up by end of week.

Hope you enjoy part 1, have a great day!

19 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS Kelly!!! And HOW COOL is that!?!?!?!?!?!? LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!! TFS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

In Love with a Bug said...

Congrats to the winner! Love the smash book idea!

Just Jaime said...

Congrats Kelly! Thanks for the great video!

ScrappnBee said...

Thanks for the video! The smash book looks Fab! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Massman said...

Thanks so much!! And thanks for the tutorial!!!

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love this...thanks so much for the video....I have to make one of these!!!! You are so super talented!!!!

Congrats to your winner!!!

Have a great day and a Happy Mother's Day!!!

Tammy said...

Great idea! I've been looking at them too but not yet willing to buy one. I love your creation! Looking forward to part two!

Keshet said...

Very fun video, Chris! Hope you're doing well!

Sara said...

What a great idea! Such an awesome little book. Can't wait to see part 2.

crowd SPRING said...

Well this video is really useful or we can say helpful to us..Really great idea..

seo company said...

congrets......kelly . vedio is nice one thanx

fitness workout programs said...

i am very happy to know that how to make a smashbook

scented candles said...

Very fun video, Chris! Hope you're doing well!

Just Energy said...

Well I go through your blog and find it interesting...Thanks for sharing the videos with us..

Fashion Earring said...

nice Chris!I am a big fan of this guy after viewing this video. Very well said in the video.

Mississauga Homes for sale said...

Great done work by Kelly massman !! Thanks for the great video sharing

Online greeting said...

This video is very creative.Its learn about the how to make a smash book.I like this video.

Custom greeting said...

This video is very useful.Its give a great idea about smash book.Such an awesome little book.And thanks for sharing with us.

honest diamond certification said...

This is just gorgeous! I love visiting your blog to get the most amazing inspiration!Very fun video