Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain, rain, go away....

It's soggy and wet and cold. What happened to spring???

Well, the only good thing about the rain, besides the fact that my weeds are growing in my garden, is that I had a chance to scrap this past weekend! Finally.

I jump all over the place with my scrapbooking. I don't scrap chronologically. Case in point, here is a Disney layout. We went in 2008.

Welcome to Disney

And a couple of closeups:
wel disney cu3

I love using vintage buttons:
Wel Disney cu2

wel disney cu1

And here, I made a folded flower, then attached a fabric covered brad:
wel-disney cu4

Fun layout.

I'm working on a layout from last summer, titled Summertime in the City. When I opened the June 2010 folder on my computer, I only had 4 pictures from the event, which was the Arts Festival in Pittsburgh. I was so sad. I had a few on facebook from the Project 365 last year, but I knew I had gotten some really cool shots. I was just sick that I was missing a huge block of photos from June.

Well, I put my card into my husbands computer (the new iMacs have a card reader which I LOVE!) and found that the trash can was full. I crossed my fingers and opened the trash can. Yippeee!! The missing photos (all 520 of them) were in the trash can.

I made a folder on the card, and pulled the pictures out of the trash.

I remember this happening. I was getting the photos off, and my computer was being weird, so I remember thinking I'd better not empty trash. Well, that was last year and I had forgotten all about doing that.

I'm just so happy that I found my photos.

Now I need to buy a new external drive where I can keep my photos. My other external is full.

Tomorrow I have to go to the hospital at 10:30 to get a procedure. I'm a little nervous. I asked if it hurt. The nurse said it's like going to the dentist. Well, I don't think so, the dentist doesn't usually slice open my skin with a scalpel, leaving an inch long incision. UGH. I hope they put me to sleep, I don't need to here all the icky stuff surgeons do.

So, if you think of it, say a little prayer for me. Thanks.

Wishing you a creative day. :)

29 comments:

Jingle said...

Yay for finding missing photos! Your page is super cute! And yes...rain here...all week...

Alyssa said...

Wait a minute . . . weeds growing in the garden is a good thing? I'm so confused. LOL.

Love the layout! I'm not a chronological scrapper either.

Good wishes for your procedure!

Scrappymama Elaine said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow? Plus your project is great! Love all the detail!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeee the lo! The photos are fun!! And I am excited that you saved your photos!! That is AWESOME!! And good luck tomorrow ... I will pray for you! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Oh what a pretty LO...just perfect!!!

So glad that you were able to find the the other photos!!!! YAY!!!

Prayers for you today sweet friend...that sounds scary!!!! Please let me know how you are doing!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Massman said...

This is really cute! I love those flowers/buttons etc.!!!

PattiM said...

Love your lo, Chris! Isn't it a great feeling when you find lost photos??

Hope your procedure went well and your recovery is quick..

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments ARe Remembered!

crowd SPRING said...

Well rain has its own advantages and disadvantages..some people likes it and others not...But it gives pleasant feeling while watching it

software development database said...

This types of cards reminds me of the old school days. I have seen and made lots of cards of this type in my school time. I really like the cards, show very original art into them.

Gatehouse Academy reviews said...

Wow this flower is just too good....I like the author's creative mind..It is appreciable..

seo company said...

Wow this flower is just too good....I like the author's creative mind..

fitness workout programs said...

WOW welcome to the disney..yuhuu..
i just love disney.

Glass Votive Holders said...

Its very good to see the beeds and buttons are still in fashion for the the such a lovely invitation cards. I think the collection of a mosaic pics are really adding glamor to this.

scented candles said...

it's really cute i love color /button/design

Just Energy said...

Well this vintage buttons are really cool and different from others..I liked it very much..

ettikajewelry@yahoo.com said...

Great card this buttons are wonderful!!Thanks for the memories, artwork, and humor.

value of home said...

I really don't believe that they are the cards...Nice creativity..I like all the designs..They are looking real..

Online greeting said...

I like Disney layout.The layout of this card is so beautiful.The color and picture so good.I really love it.

Custom greeting said...

This is so beautiful layout of vintage button card.I like the color and picture of vintage button. This is a nice collection of vintage button. Thanks for sharing.....

charm bracelets said...

WOW!!
The Disney layout is looking pretty cool and cute as well.
I am sure kids going to llove your scrapbook.

business loan said...

This is the worlds loveliest way to share your memories and I am so impressed with you after at your stuff,thanks to share...

PetCareRx scam said...

i like your creativity very much....i like these buttons.. this are cool and different from others...

best diamond certification said...

This one is extremely looking creative. And the existing pictures I'm just so happy that I found blog

JKP Foundation said...

Very sweet stuff above! Best part is that you have shared it with all of us and that makes it even better.

The National Benefit Authority said...

Your collection is soo sweet. Can you tell me how you made it. It's wonderful. My kids would love to see it.

Income at Home said...

I feel like a kid after watching your disney layout. It's wonderful. I like the tag line " rain , rain , go away" .nice work.

WFG Reviews said...

Such fabulous disney layouts! Beautiful layout and truly a stunning photograph!These all are just amazing!

Swami Prakashanand Saraswati said...

The post's title makes me remind of the poem, which we use to sing in our childhood! Rain Rain Go Away..!

Exmouth fishing said...

So informative blog...Good to know that The disney layout thanks for the information that is fantastically rich These all are just amazing!