Thursday, May 26, 2011

Picnics, Fieldtrips and Concerts — Oh My!

Wow, where did the week go? It's Thursday already. Summer is quickly approaching and I'm trying to figure out things for the kids to do.

There is an art club in town, aptly named "Greensburg Art Club" and I'm going to sign my son up for acrylic painting, my daughter for photography, where they'll make a pin-hole camera and they both will do the ceramics class, where they throw pots and make coil pots. Fun.

I decided to do the adult drawing class and also the adult painting class. I bought a new set of water colors the other day. I haven't painted for quite a while, so we'll see how that goes.

Our summer certainly is looking promising! I really can't wait. I wrote down on my calendar all the fun free things you can do in Pittsburgh, so many concerts and outdoor stuff to do. I can't wait.

My friend and I are also planning a trip to New York City via the MegaBus. What a great find! We'll leave Friday night at 11:55 pm, sleep on the bus, arrive in NYC at 7 am, eat, shop, then see a Broadway show, then back on the bus by 11:15 or so and sleep on the bus, wake up back home 7 on Sunday... all for $75! Seriously!! I did see some $10 and $15 bus rides, but the dates we need are $30 to go and $45 to come back, or vise versa, I can't remember, but how fun will that be???

And, drumroll please... this I am most excited about... most ExCiTeD!!

U2 baby!!! This will be their last stop of the 360° Tour. I'm SO excited!

OK, now on to some scrappy goodness!

8th Bday

I did this for a challenge on 2 Peas. I never have won a challenge, but it really gets me motivated to scrap.

Couple close ups, I actually stamped on a scrapbook page, haven't done that in like forever:
8th bday cu3

Some more stamping:
8th bday cu2

This was a total lift of Nichol Magouirk, I just love how she'll just use a little strip of patterned paper and it just makes the whole layout pop.

That's about it, it's been crazy busy end of year stuff, school picnics, field trips, lots of weed pulling! oi vay, good exercise for your buns. I have my front flower bed and the back one yet to tackle. Probably this weekend.

Have a happy safe Memorial Day Weekend for all the USA peeps, and everyone else have a great weekend!!

42 comments:

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

I thought that looked like a Nichol Magouirk type layout! Love her weekly videos. Love your fun colors and details, yet the photos still stand out.

Jingle said...

Very cute!

Elizabeth said...

I just love the color combinations and the clean crisp look of this page! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Kelli said...

Great page! And lucky duck! U2!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

NYC and U2!!! WOoooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!!! I was a roadie for U2 way back in the day you know :) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo! I love love love all the photos!! :):):):):):):):)):):):)

Sara said...

Fun layout! Love how you used so many photos! And what fun you have in store! Love NYC!

Handmade Hannah said...

Great layout. You are right it just 'pops'!

Mary Jo said...

Always LOVE to find another U2 fan! We are seeing them in July :)

Love the cupcake strip on your layout! That is so cute :)

Steph said...

Adorable layout. Your NY trip sounds like so much fun!!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh pretty layout, love those photos and the colours are awesome xxx

Holly* said...

love the layout! sounds like you're due for some exciting times! have a great weekend!

Marlene said...

Gorgeousness, lady.

No need to apologize for not being around on my blog. :) come visit when you can...and I'll always return the favor!

Hope everything is going well for you.

Shawnnita's Inner Alfalfa said...

Wow love the layout, great colours and the stamps are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Massman said...

Cute layout! Hope you are doing well! Best wishes,

crowd SPRING said...

Well your idea of deciding to do the adult drawing class and also the adult painting class is great..I appreciate these..thanks for sharing it with us

Download Battlefield 3 said...

Thanks for sharing such impressive work. I really like the color combinations of the your design.

Barramundi fishing said...

Our summer certainly is looking promising! I really can't wait a single minute.

Alfonso Fanjul said...

Nice post!! Today the Greensburg Art Club members enthusiastically continue to operate the Art Center under its original charter.

special discount code said...

i really like the stampings! awesome post! thanks for sharing!
loved it. will keep visiting on your blogs!

BRS Labs said...

Pretty good post. I just came by your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed..

seo company said...

greate page and lucky duck

fitness workout programs said...

I like these photos of childrens.

fishing tasmania said...

The card looks sweet and the blog was quite effective and i am sure it will be good for as many people.

scented candles said...

Cute layout! Hope you are doing well! Best wishes,

wedding photographer said...

summer certainly is looking promising!You have gorgeous layout!... full of inspiration! I love this Art Center under its original charter.

Cross Country Home Services said...

I have searching for information and finally this blog is very good and the nice designed...

Total Protect Home Warranty said...

Well your blogs has nice content and design..No doubt that this is a Awesome article,definitely liked the info provided.Greta stuff.

eBridge advertising said...

Well we all are willingly wait for summer to come...I wrote down on my calendar all the fun free things that I'll do in summer.

PetCareRx said...

These are just amazing. And I have became a die heart fan of them all!~

Web Visible said...

A Yoga Mala is the transformational process of moving through 108 sun salutations. Anyone with a little yoga in their body can participate, there are modifications and time to rest, if need be.
I love to do it.

car error said...

Great Layout!i loved the way it was beautifully described!amazing

Necklaces Online Shop said...

Great! i like these image I've found lots of awesome post on your blogsite!you have done good job!!

Cash for Used Cell Phones said...

Good designs of layout!I liked the color in the first picture.This photos of children pictures are great.

Online greeting said...

This is a super layout.Color,photo and design is amazing of this card.No doubt that this is a Awesome card.I really impressed.

Custom greeting said...

I love this design,photo and color combination.your idea of deciding to do the young drawing.Thanks for sharing this great idea with us.

charm bracelets said...

I too like doing painting,but sometimes.
I like your shared arts.
You have done appreciable work.

Seasonal greeting cards said...

I love this awesome layout.I really like the color combinations of the your design. thanks for sharing! loved it.

Scented Candle said...

This is really a Awesome article,definitely liked the info provided. I hope every one like this post.

diamond certificates said...

Very nice informative post.This is a great designer and like all designs on this post

Dan Feder said...

Pretty good post. I just came by your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

Toronto Homes for Sale said...

Goods layout! Love how you used so many photos sounds like you're due for some exciting times!

Executive Rentals said...

Thank you once again for your love and willingness to share your feelings.