Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

To all the men who read my blog, which is probably my husband and maybe 3 or 4 others!  And to all your husbands and dads, too!

I made a card for both my hubby and father-in-law. I have yet to make one for my dad, but I will see him tomorrow, so I have some time! I wanted to buy my dad a TV, but it's just not in the cards this year. Maybe for Christmas.

For this card, I used all Momenta stuff, even tho my box of goodness hasn't arrived. I just downloaded some free digi files. YES!! They have FREE digi stuff. You can just download the pdf and cut it out, or do like I did, and opened the png files in photoshop and resized them, to customize. And look how cute it turned out!!

small card-fd

I just used the eyedrop tool to suck up the blue color to make the background, then I typed the sentiment in white.

Here's a close up:
small close up fd

Add some string, some buttons and bling, and you've got yourself a snazzy (and quick!) hybrid card!

I always print my hybrid stuff on STAPLES brochure paper. The actual name of it is PHOTO SUPREME DOUBLE-SIDED MATTE PAPER, 8.5 X 11. It's double sided, and thicker than copy paper, and it makes the colors really pop, and I believe it's water resistant, too.

Since yesterday was Matt's dad's birthday, and today is Father's Day, we invited him over for a cookout. He is 40 years older than me.... he turned 84, you do the math! lol!

We spent the day sprucing up our yard since Matt's dad is coming over. We lost 2 bushes over the winter from not normal salt for the side walk, but environmentally friendly salt... that statement is a bit of an oxymoron! It killed my 2 boxwoods! Luckily, they were on the ends, so we just moved a big rock that was being covered by a large stella dora (yellow lilly) and mulched around it. Looks good. The other I replaced with a small pink rose bush, that - GET THIS - I got for it for FIVE BUCKS! All the roses at Lowes looked pathetic and were broken, and just not taken care of, and it was $20... I didn't want to pay $20 for something that might die, so I asked if I could get a discount, and the girl said 10% - which is 2 bucks... I said well, that's not very much. She then asked the manager and he said, "oh, I don't care, give it to her for 5 bucks." I was so happy, I told him he made my day.

I hope you all have a great day, spent with husbands, father's and brothers! Happy Father's Day!

31 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeee this! I love love love love the stars and buttons! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jingle said...

Super cute card!

Monika Wright said...

just amazing! and thanks for the reminder about the digi freebies at Momenta!

crowd SPRING said...

As they have FREE digi stuff,You can just download the pdf and cut it out, or can opened the png files in photoshop and resized them,to customize..Well thanks for this blog

Barramundi fishing said...

hanks...I really loved this feature!!

special discount code said...

well, i really liked the stuff out there! the card is so sweet, i am sure any father would love it!

seo company said...

it's lovely really good features

Five Point Capitol said...

Well The actual name of it is PHOTO SUPREME DOUBLE-SIDED MATTE PAPER, 8.5 X 11...Glad to know that..It's double sided,and thicker than copy paper, and it makes the colors really pop..Thanks

fitness workout programs said...

Nice card! Everybody has to respect his/her father. thanks

fishing tasmania said...

That was sweet of you that you did efforts for your dad. He would be proud of himself!

Income at Home said...

The Bible has greatly mentioned about the role of a father in a child's life. Read them and understand the complex role of a father in the life of his child.

scented candles said...

Lovely layout! The flags are too cute! Love all of the blue!

WFG Online said...

This photoshop and resized them, to customize. And look how cute it turned out!!

eBridge advertising said...

Wow this cards are really nice..I appreciate your creativity...

crowd SPRING said...

Nice Card images!!I Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a really cool gallery....I really loved this feature!

database web development said...

Well This character design so nice..He also has a scrap file of color Cards photos. You're text style use each visitor...Super cute card thanks

Pepe Fanjul Jr. said...

Wow this post is really heart touching..Good creativity..

software development database said...

Glad to know this layout.Its being a long time that I go through your blog..Its always been a pleasure

discount shopping coupons said...

Its just amazing cards....I wish to have a this card and wish my father The pictures are just speechless.

eBridge advertising said...

I too would love to to make such efforts for my father and hubby!This post gave me great idea! your cards are looking awesome...i am surely going to try this out!

Mississauga Homes for sale said...

You post look FABULOUS! You are so Great cards! Good Luck with your new project! I'm sure we'll all hear more and more from you in the future! Thanks for sharing your journey with us! :-)

wholesale herbal incense said...

You have made nice cards for your husband and father-in-law.
I will also going to try this out to make cards for my father.

Online greeting said...

I like this cards. This card are really amazing.This character design so nice..I wish to have a this card.

Custom greeting said...

This card is so beautiful. I like very much.This card layout is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Seasonal greeting cards said...

These designs so beautiful.Everyone know that there is a really cool gallery.Thanks for appreciate your creativity with us.

Scented Candle said...

I love layout of these cards.Its really nice.your cards are looking awesome.Thanks for sharing this great idea with us.

Chicago SEO said...

I appreciated your creativity . i will also design that type of design.really your cards are looking awesome.

Horse Grooming said...

I always love this day because this is the the day when the creature of every person came to this universe i.e earth or because of which the gods is always there for us.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful day.

Jagadguru Kripaluji Maharaj said...

The world's second greatest day for fathers, first day is when he becomes father and the second one is the Father's Day..!

herbal incense legal said...

They are looking super cute,Everyone loves the greatest day for fathers..

Easy Diet Plans said...

Its very nice article thank you..