Friday, June 24, 2011

New York, New York!!!

In less than 16 hours, I will be boarding the Mega Bus in Pittsburgh to travel to the BIG APPLE with my friend Diane!! I'm so excited. I've been there before, so she wants me to show her the ropes. hee hee, I'll try. I'm sure a ton is different.

When my husband and I went, I had a crappy little 35 mm camera, and the film stuck, so I got one photo - of my friend! Then, the next frame had ALL the photos on it. The film didn't advance. :( I do not have any photos from that trip. I've been wanting to go back ever since.

We recently bought a Nikon Coolpix 1600 camera, which is really nice, but I'm so torn. Do I want the handiness of the tiny camera, or since I am a tourist, just go ahead and take my honkin' DLSR? I'm leaning toward the DSLR, I want good pictures this time!

I'm probably going with the big one.

The bus will arrive in NYC at 7 am, we figure we'll grab breakfast, sight see, maybe do yoga or tai chi in Central Park for free... that would be a hoot! At 2 PM we are going to see the off broadway show staring Ellen Barkin and Jim Parsons (of the Big Bang show) in a play called "The Normal Heart". After the play, we'll grab dinner, do some more shopping (probably all window, since I'm broke!), then we catch the bus at 11 to go home.

Busy weekend!

I have a layout to share. I found this sketch on the Sketch Support site, which I just discovered. It was  sketch #8, but I flipped it.

CH_prom

This is newish BoBunny paper. I really haven't bought new paper in forever, but really liked this line. (sorry, not sure of the name)

Couple of close ups:
prom_cu1

And one more close up. I cut out the little flags using my Slice.
prom_cu2

I got my big box from Momenta, and I am working on a layout! What a bunch of great stuff. I'm really in love with their puffy stickers. Really cute stuff. They have a new product, these letter stickers that you can run through your printer and match to your layout. I wasn't familiar with them, but now that I know what they are I am going to order some for next time, they seem really cool. You can either customize them in your program, or there are free print outs on the Momenta website that you just download and print out onto the white lettering.  Seems like the perfect idea for the perfect match of colors!

Have a great weekend. I hope I get some good pictures, and don't get rained on too much!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take Kleenex to The Normal Heart, travel safe and have a great time!!

-Kyla

Rach H said...

Lovely layout! The flags are too cute! Love all of the blue!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* you are visiting my home!! HAVE FUN!! And I loveeeeeeee SHELDON!!! I wonder how he 'acts' outside of Big Bang!?!?!? I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo! I love love love love the colors and that banner!! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sara said...

Great layout! I love the banner and all the buttons on each flag. Very cute! Have a wonderful time in NYC.

Tammy said...

Love your layout - Sketch Support is a great resource! Have fun in NYC - I'm so jealous! :)

Scraptastic Club said...

love your layout! have fun in NYC

Marfa said...

Have a great trip!!! I look forward to hearing all about it...and seeing lots of photos!

Cindy Gay said...

Nice layout, design and photos. I hope you took your DSLR and have a great time!

Jingle said...

Have fun in New York! You will be so close to me, yet so far!!! LOL! Your layout is fabulous!

Andrea Amu said...

Cute page, Chris!
Sure hope you had a wonderful time in the Big Apple! That's always a fun trip! Can't wait to see you pix... hope you took along the DSLR :)

crowd SPRING said...

I am quite interesting in this topic hope you will elaborate more on it in future post..Well I really like your post..

Vinny Margott said...

Amazing layout!!I like these photos, it's really lovely, thanks for sharing...

eBridge advertising said...

Really great..I like this type of blog..Hope you will continue to post such type of post in future also...

seo company said...

it's really a good layout. blue color is nice one

fitness workout programs said...

Layout is very good and photos of enjoying in new york also good.

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition said...

I wasn't familiar with them, but now that I know what they are I am going to order some for next time, they seem really cool.

IncomeatHome said...

This blog sounds really good. Very well explained. One can get inspiration with this read. Thanks for sharing...Really nice

scented candles said...

nice Layout,design and photo's..........

sell my phone said...

They have a new product, these letter stickers that you can run through your printer and match to your layout.

buy call of duty key said...

They have a new product, these letter stickers that you can run through your printer and match to your layout.

Total Protect Home Warranty said...

This blog sounds really good. Very well explained. One can get inspiration with this read. Thanks for sharing.Nice stuff

PetCareRx said...

Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.
Shop in an African market.
Explore the Bronx Zoo.
Eat Pizza in Rome.
Visit the Statue of Liberty.
Discover Stonehenge.
Climb to the top of the Empire State Building.
New York!!
New York!!

Amy McCraken said...

I have searching for information and finally this blog is very good and the nice designed.

Personal training certification said...

Hope you had enjoyed the trip and sure it was wonderful. I am waiting for your trips pics. The Sketch has lovely layout, Fabulous flags they are too cute..

diamond certifications said...

The flags are too cute! Love all of the blue!I like these photos, it's really lovely, thanks for sharing...

Online greeting said...

I like your design.Layout is very good and photos of enjoying in new york also good.
Thanks..

Custom greeting said...

Your designs are so amazing. I like your layout and photos.it's really lovely, thanks for sharing.....

Seasonal greeting cards said...

I really like your post.Hope you will continue to post such type of post in future.One can get inspiration with this cards.

Scented Candle said...

This is really a informative.I have searching for information and finally this blog is very good and the nice designed.Thanks for sharing.

Swami Prakashanand Saraswati said...

As the Open Sea exhibit nears completion, animals continuously arrive at New York!